Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Riding 4 wheelers under the red sand desert sun!

Last week I took a trip with the hospital and some great friends to the desert to ride 4 wheelers.  It was such a great experience.  The scenery on the way to the Red Sand Desert was spectacular.  Beautiful rock formations - it was so amazing to me to see that in the desert, the colour of the sand changes...some is a light tan colour, and the farther in we went, the sand was a deep red colour ..t to ride 4 wheelers.  It was such a great experience.  The scenery on the way to the Red Sand Desert was spectacular.  Beautiful rock formations - it was so amazing to me to see that in the desert, the colour of the sand changes...some is a light tan colour, and the farther in we went, the sand was a deep red colour ..







When we finally arrived, we got to choose our buggie and get ready for riding on the sand dunes!   Of course, as we got started, it was a bit scary...those sand dunes can be some what intimidating for the inexperienced buggie rider!
We also got to catch some kids sand surfing!


This is Fares, our amazing hospital social activities planner!  
I took my mom out for a ride..she was scared at first..but then kept pointing out hills she wanted to me to go on...but screamed all the way down!!
Taking a rest ....notice the tracks beside me...some serious critters left those!
so happy to be under the warm sun!

look closely....its a two hump camel!  ...rare to see ...we were very lucky!
Gemma and I posing for a quick photo before we got lost in the desert....just kidding of course!


























Our wonderful group of KFSHRC employees from around the world sharing a delicious desert potluck!  
Stay tuned for my trip to EDGE of the WORLD!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had allot of fun out in the desert and something I have always wondered is why people can wear normal street cloths in the desert isn't it super hot there? In the one pic you were sitting in the sand so it must not be that hot at all then. I wish I could afford a trip like this it look so awesome :) Have a great time Rasha!!!

    ReplyDelete